Passing the VCP5-DCV is not difficult, it does however require perseverance and determination. There have been some great books written to help you gain your VCP certification, in particular:
- Mastering VMware vSphere 5 – Scott Lowe
- VCP5 VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 Study Guide – Brian Atkinson
- Official VCP5 Certification Guide – Bill Ferguson
Don’t forget that VMware provide a mock exam, which you can use to get a feel for the type of questions asked as well as the type of format they will follow.
In addition here are some resources provided by the VMware community:
There are different paths to VCP5-DCV certification based on your background. You can choose your path and complete the three core validation components:
- Attend a qualifying VMware authorised course.
- Gain hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 5.
- Pass the VCP5-DCV Exam.